Raising a family is wonderful, but it can also be stressful. From finding child care, to picking schools, and managing the everyday needs of our families, the challenges are real!
As parents ourselves, we get how hard it is. It’s normal to feel overwhelmed. The good news is we live in a great community with a wide array of parent and family support programs.
Jefferson County is a great place to raise your family! We have many free, confidential, and high-quality programs that offer one-on-one, compassionate, and non-judgemental parenting support either virtually or in your home.
Support as Life Changes
Raising a family brings lots of changes — and life keeps changing as kids grow. The support that you need as a parent might also change as your life circumstances change. No matter what, the Jefferson County Family Navigator can connect you to what you need.
Do you need help…
- Managing your child’s behavior?
- Finding health care or mental health care?
- Answering questions about how your child is growing or developing?
- Finding food banks, rent or utility assistance, child care, clothing, or diapers?
The Family Navigator provides confidential, one-on-one support for families that is free of charge.
Call 303-239-7054 or fill out a brief form and the Navigator will contact you:
Parenting Support Based on Brain Science
Parenting programs in Jeffco are based on the science of how the brains of babies and young children grow and develop. Family support professionals are highly trained and can provide information and support during pregnancy and throughout your child’s early years.
- Support your child’s overall development at every stage of growth
- Ensure that your child enters kindergarten ready to learn
- Support your family’s health and safety
- Achieve economic stability
View a complete list of home visiting programs available in Jeffco.
(Scroll down and click the + symbol next to “Home visiting programs in Jeffco.”)