Love & Logic Workshop
A one-hour session designed to help families use the Love & Logic model to support school-age children during times of uncertainty.
Thursday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m. Click here to learn more.
A parenting workshop focused on supporting strong relationships between children and the adults who care for them. Caregivers will have opportunities to practice new skills with their children and receive coaching and support. (This class is also offered in Spanish.)
May 3 – June 28 (eight-week series) | Mondays 6:15 – 8:00 p.m.
Parents will learn to:
- Manage stress related to parenting
- Talk with your child about feelings in a way they can understand
- Set healthy limits and respond to challenging behaviors
- Talk about important family topics and changes with children and teens
- Develop simple ways to connect with your child every day
Children will learn to:
- Identify and share feelings and needs with caregivers
- Express feelings safely and respectfully
- Make good choices when feeling strong feelings
To register please call Families First at Shiloh House: 303-695-7996.
Let’s Go Camping! For First-Time Campers
Never been camping? No problem! Learn the basics at this overnight event for first-time campers at Bear Creek Lake Park. We’ll provide outdoor activities, dinner and breakfast. Limited gear is available to borrow. Registration is required. Cost is $3 per person; children 3 and under free. Click here to learn more.
ONGOING PROGRAMS (join at any time)
Thursdays, 10 – 11 a.m.
All moms welcome during the baby’s first two years!
- Find hope if you’re feeling overwhelmed
- Connect with other moms, build confidence, and create a network of support
- Understand baby blues vs. perinatal depression and anxiety
Parenting with Confidence
Wednesdays at 9 – 11 a.m.
Learn skills for effective parenting. Topics include nurture vs. nature, communication, parenting styles, discipline vs. punishment, emotional needs and self esteem. To register please call Families First at Shiloh House: 303-695-7996.
Circle of Parents
Mondays 6:45 – 8 p.m. (English)
Tuesdays 6:00 – 8 p.m. (Spanish)
This parenting group meets weekly and is an opportunity to connect with other parents, as well as child development experts who can answer your questions and address your concerns. To register please call Families First at Shiloh House: 303-695-7996.
The Incredible Years® Parent Group — Fall 2021
Jeffco Public Schools presents this FREE group with the goal of strengthening your relationship with your child while learning strategies to prevent behavior problems and promote children’s social-emotional wellness and school readiness. Open to caregivers who have a child in their custody between the ages of 3 and 6.
Learn more about The Incredible Years program here.